The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is run by a committee working in close liaison with the doctors and practice manager. We work with the practice to help all patients to take responsibility for their own health, that of their family and the health of the wider community. This help takes several forms:
- Information - Patient information is situated in the surgery waiting area and includes leaflets on common conditions, PPG newsletters and health promotion events. Some books on mental health are available from the counsellor / psychologist. Please for these at reception or when you see the counsellor.
- Self-help groups - There are various local groups supporting different needs. Several are represented on our committee.
- Monitoring services - We are involved in checks on how well medical services are meeting your needs. If you are asked to comment please do so, so that others may benefit from your experience. If you wish to make comments or suggestions at any time please talk to a member of staff or use the Comments Box in the waiting room. You can approach any member of the PPG committee in confidence if you wish.
- Health plans - We monitor the plans of the primarcy care trust and hospital trusts and raise matters seen as important to our patients.
- Support for the medical centre - This ranges from practical tasks around the centre to lobbying in support of medical initiatives.
- Health information evenings - on a very wide variety of topics. Watch out for posters advertising these.
We would welcome new members to the group. If you are interested in joining please contact the Assistant Practice Manager, Jean Robinson or complete one of the forms available at the surgery reception desk.
We would be grateful if you would download and complete this survey about Harold Street Medical Practice: General Practice Assessment Questionnaire.
Your opinions are valuable to us and will help us to identify areas that may need improvement. After completing the survey please either hand it in to reception or email it directly to SHECCG.HaroldStreetMC@nhs.net. Thank you.
Patient Questionnaire Results 2013-2014
Please click the link below to read the results of our recent patient questionnaire.
General Practice Assessment Questinnaire Results 2013-2014